Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Welcome Home!






Today was quite an eventful day filled with a mouthful of Spanish words with a level of Italian
boisterousness that will soon be our native tongue. We arrived at our apartment with six enormous bags, not to mention our over sized carry ons, that left the entire airport crew with wide eyed expressions of amazement that we weren't packing a family of seven in our bags (note picture to the left of our closet). Needless to say, we managed to make it safe and sound to the apartment to be greeted by our lovely landlord and Andres, the manager of the property. The landlord could not have been cuter and we went through the inspection after sharing a cup of coffee and galletas with her. Afterwards, she managed to direct us to the grocery store where Karlyn and I slowly made our way through the aisles trying to recognize some the basics we came to love at home. One of our favorites was the non-refrigerated milk that the grocery store man tried to persuade us was skim milk. We'll soon find out. We are getting ready to head out the door to a neighborhood joint, Jangada, that could not be more adorable (pictures yet to come). We are meeting two of my friends from Peru and being quite the socialites meeting a group of Argentine boys I know from Vienna and then a whole group of expatriates. Details to come. Viva Argentina!

Check out the restaurant here



5 comments:

  1. Karbie glad you are safe and having fun. I think I have figured how to get on your blog. Hope you will see Sheldon next week and Im anxious to see pics of the local area. Love DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karlyn,
    I have to live through you vicariously because #1 - I don't have a passport and
    #2 - I can't get a break for time away - ever/ HOW FUN...place looks fabulous and glad you have this blog so you can post your adventures.
    Be safe, take care - enjoy! Sues

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER BIEN !!!!

    VISITA mi blog:


    http://wilpozo.blogspot.com

    "ONIRICOSIS"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the closet! How was your first night out on the town??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karlyn, I think your "appartment" in Aregentina is nicer than my house in california haha, WOW. That place is a palace, and is only fit for a princess like you! I love your blog, keep it up, I might just have to copy you! Skype soon!

    James

    ReplyDelete