Wednesday, September 9, 2009

El Calafate!!



Today Jessica and I are excited to announce that we have booked another weekend get-a-way! The destination this time is El Calafate, Argentina, a small town in southern Patagonia. Located in the Los Glaciaras National Park, we plan to spend our four days relaxing, taking boat rides to the bottom of the glaciers, and warming up by the fire with a hot cup of Baily's and coffee! We are going with our Italian friend Leonardo and a girlfriend of his who will be visiting. Another exciting aspect of our little excursion is that Leonardo and I are both born on September 24 and are really looking forward to celebrating our birthday's in style! We have put Jessica in charge of locating a couple of birthday cakes so we can blow out some candles on top of the glacier :)

Yesterday we went to a marvelous Italian dinner with a new friend Ariel. A fellow American, Ariel came down to Argentina for holiday two years ago and has managed to extend her stay indefinitely! Owner of a rather impressive Real Estate business, Ariel is a fun, young, enthusiastic person who we are so happy to have met! After dinner Jessica and I partied it up at Kika which seems to be becoming our tuesday night spot. Upon our arrival home from the bar Jessica and I found it very amusing to prank phone call a number of friends from the US via skype-- so if you happened to be one of the victims, well, we apologize. We thought we were very funny! Last night I also managed to make the first trip down the stairs- on my toosh. We knew a fall down our rather steep spiral staircase would be inevitable and last night I became the first to do so. I also lost have my toenail in the process which was rather painful this morning!! Tonight we are looking forward to having a sushi dinner at place called Itamae which is located around the corner from our house. The best part about it is on Wednesday's the restaunt has "Ladies Night" and gives all girls 20% of their meal (whoo hoo!) I have even promised Jessica that I will try a couple pieces of her sushi ;) I'll let everyone know how that goes!! For those of you who don't know me I do not eat seafood (literally- none) and Jessica doesn't eat red meat so our goal is to make one another try as much of each as we can. My hope is to return to the US a fish aficionado.... After dinner our 'roomie' is taking us to a new destination called 'rumi'. According to him this will be our new favorite wednesday night spot but we have been warned that it is not uncommon to bring ear-plugs (or purchase them there) because the music is so loud! We'll keep you posted on how this experience goes... Should be interesting! Besos!

1 comment: